5th Grade: 2017-18
Welcome to the new and improved Casita 5th Grade website! We are excited about our adventures. Check back with us frequently for updates! See you soon!
(This is a suggested list of supplies you will need for the upcoming 2017-18 school year. Please put name on all items using permanent markers)
1. Five Composition Notebooks (Please try to have them on the first day of school)
2. Three 2-pocket folders (different colors if possible)
3. Pencils or Lead Pencils
4. Skinny Markers and Fat Markers
7. Student Scissors
8. Five Glue sticks
9. Blue, Black, and Blue pens.
Optional: Headphone or earbuds (To Be Left at School)
BYOD (Bring your own device) Apps to download:
1. Google Drive - A great vehicle to store all your documents in the cloud as you share them with peers and teachers.
2. Haikudeck - A new innovative presentation app!
3. Showme - An interactive whiteboard where all movies can be saved and shared!
4. Brainpop - Animated videos to introduce, review, and clarify topics in all academic areas.
5. Khan Archiver - Khan Academy Videos focusing more on math.
6. Youtube - Google's video player that allows us to learn just about everything!
7. Spellingcity - Reviewing spelling patterns to ultimately make us stronger writers.
8. Twitter - A social network (Create your own account and follow our class)
9. Vine - Supports Twitter through 6 second videos
10. Skype - videoconference with classmates on homework and other projects.
11. TED - Videos speeches by inspirational individuals
12. Prezi- A Prezi viewer where you can see all the Prezi presentations you've made
13. Chrome - a great browser to use to surf the web.
ST Math Tablet Access
School ID: CAS73S
Kindle Fire/Android Tablets
School ID: CAS73S-LJQ-A5-K9F